The Rose and Crown - History
The present Rose and Crown at Lea was built in 1891 and is a typical late Victorian rural public house with a single bar and many alcoves and corners.
Before 1891 the name was attached to another house, which was licensed from at least the 1820s.
For several decades before the rebuilding the landlords were the Richmond family - John from 1848 or earlier through the 1860s, William in the 1870s and ealy 1880s, amd William Thomas in the late 1880s.
The new house was run by Mrs Eliza Richmond until the early 20th century when there were six landlords between 1907 and the outbreak of the Second World War.